Unifine® Pentips® Plus
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is the world’s first integrated pen needle system comprising the same high quality needles as Unifine® Pentips® but also featuring an integrated needle removal chamber.
Experts agree that a good injection when using injection pens is the immediate removal of the pen needle after injection and replacement with a new needle just prior to injection1,2.
In a study for Owen Mumford by HRW Ltd, Unifine® Pentips®Plus increases needle change when compared to the users existing needle,3 following a good injection routine can help lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse.4
Unifine® Plus Pentips® Plus uses unique Safe Click Technology™ that indicates when used needles are secured into the locking chamber, providing a convenient solution for needle disposal on-the-go.
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is available in five needle lengths – 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 12 mm – and is compatible with all diabetes medication injection pens.Benefits:
- Convenient and easy to use3
- Encourages frequent needle change after injection3, a good injection routine can help to lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse4
- Contains a quality pen needle designed to deliver a comfortable injection experience5
Unifine Pentips Plus insulin pen needles are now available in Australia on the NDSS. You can order a free sample to try from this page.
1.Diabetes care in the UK, The First UK Injection Technique Recommendations, 2nd Edition.
2. Ginsberg B.H., J.L. Parkes, C. Sparacino: The kinetics of insulin administration by insulin pens. Horm. Metab. Res. 26: 584-587 (1994).
3. Study by Healthcare Research Worldwide 2013.
4. Torrance T. An unexpected hazard of injectable therapy injection. Practical Diabetes International 2002;19:63.
5. Independent test by Melab GmbH 2014.